Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Does anyone want the underdog?

If we have to be the underdog, we all want to be the underdog who wins in the end.

In my case, I want to be the quiet one who gets noticed by you. I want to be different, in a good way. I don’t want to be the shallow, throw-yourself-at-the-nearest-male girl who gets attention only because she’s desperate. I want to be the one who catches your eye, and the one you can’t get enough of. I want to be a mystery to you, not a wide-open book that smothers you with more information than you ever wanted to know.

I’m real. I don't play games. I don’t pretend to be someone I’m not. And I am not someone who’s good at relationships. I’m not experienced, and I have no clue how to act around you. I’m not good at knowing what to say.

When there are a million girls after you, I want to be the one you choose. I want to be the special one who gets the attention and the love that so many girls try to chase after. I want to sit back and wait for you to pursue me and make me feel worthwhile for being the special one you chose.

But honestly, I can’t count on that. You probably won’t pick me. And I don’t say that as a pity party for myself, I say it to depict a reality. In a few days, you probably won’t even remember my name.

It’s probably for the best, because if you did give me any attention, I’d get in too deep too fast, and I’d just end up hurt.

Maybe I’m too guarded, but I know that’s the ultimate truth. So I can’t let myself feel anything for you. I’ll just sit back and wait until either you prove your interest to be true, or I prove my theory right.

I want to know that someone still appreciates good girls who don’t get in your face and beg for your attention. I want to know that my method of being patient and pure is better than the other girls’ ways of hogging your attention until you get tired of them being around.

I just want to be wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment