You need to understand that sometimes my heart takes over my head and I can't stop it. Sometimes my dreams for my future take over my work ethic for the present moment, and all I can do is long for the day when I'll be living my dreams. Sometimes I feel more compassion toward others than most people do, and it's nearly impossible to get me to calm down until I've been allowed to cry for a little bit. Sometimes my emotions just rule my life, and I forget that they're so powerful in my heart.
You need to understand that I like striving to be perfect, but I need to be told that I'm good enough sometimes. I work so hard to act like I have it all together, but I don't. And when it comes down to it, I need someone to remind me that I'm loved just as I am, flaws and all.
You need to understand that I need someone to reciprocate my caring. At times I care too much, and it hurts me when someone doesn't care for me back. I feel like if I put forth the effort to show someone love, then eventually someone should show me some love back. People take a lot without giving back, and I don't expect them to always give, because that would be selfish of me. But from time to time, getting something in return would be lovely.
You need to understand that I need people to lean on. I love being independent, but sometimes it makes me hesitant to admit that I need people besides myself. I try to tell myself that I'm fine all alone, but in reality I need God and other people more than anything.
You need to understand that someday I will love you with all of my heart. I'll give you all of me and I pray you won't break me.
And most of all, you need to understand that I love you already.
No comments:
Post a Comment