Friday, February 25, 2011

No matter what.

You know, I'll be here. No matter what.
Ugly lies, difficult situations, times of chaos. Times we're together and times we're apart... I will always be here for you.

We've grown up together, and it feels more correct to call you my siblings than my cousins. We've experienced life together for as long as I can remember, and we've all changed with the passing of time, naturally. I'm starting to see the people that we will all be for the rest of our lives, and it's somewhat bittersweet.
Two of us are already in college, and now that I'm a senior, I'm thinking about where my life-- our lives-- are going to go in the future, both the near and distant future. Soon enough we'll all have our own spouses and families, and we'll have our own separate lives.

Some things are threatening to tear us apart right now, but I can't imagine life without y'all. What's going to happen to us as a family once we have our own lives? The uncertainty is plaguing my mind, and the only conclusion I can live with is that we can't fall apart. We may only get to be together every once in a while, but we always pick up right where we left off. Being with you guys always lifts my spirits, no matter what's burdening my heart and mind.

I feel like with you guys I have finally found the importance of family. To the outside world we may be quirky and strange, but to me we are exactly the way family should be.

I hope I never lose you guys to another state, or to another family, or heaven forbid, to death. Life comes at us from all sides, but I hope we can navigate the storms together and come out on the other side as better people.

Que nada nos seperemos.

No comments:

Post a Comment